Air conditioning systems have several components that could get damaged over time or with regular use. When this happens, the best course of action is to hire an AC repair service in Diana, TX to have it checked and repaired.
If your air conditioner is acting up and you don’t know what to do, you’re in the right place. We’ll discuss the basics and important things you should know about hiring an air conditioning repair service.
Common Air Conditioning Problems
Not all issues with air conditioners are easy to spot and detect. That’s why a homeowner who is unfamiliar with common problems with air conditioners may think something is normal with the equipment when it’s actually not, so the problem is left unfixed for a long time.
By knowing what could go wrong with an air conditioner, a homeowner can take proactive steps to prevent issues or at least be able to detect them early on.
Is your air conditioner making odd noises? It is not normal for air conditioning systems to make strange sounds, such as high-pitch whistling, screeching, or banging. So if you hear them, it’s time to call your AC repair company in Diana, TX. These sounds are a sure sign that something is wrong with your air conditioner.
Here are some common weird sounds and what they could mean:
- Whistling: This is often caused by a loose panel or screw.
- Screeching: A screeching sound usually indicates that the fan belt is coming loose. If left unchecked, it can break and cause major damage to the system.
- Banging: This is usually caused by objects hitting the blades of the fan. It can be anything from a toy to a piece of debris.
- Rattling: This sound usually indicates that there is something loose inside the air conditioner. It could be a screw, nut, or bolt.
- Hissing: Hissing sounds are usually caused by a refrigerant leak. If you hear this sound, it’s important to call an AC repair company in Diana, TX immediately.
Your air conditioner is not supposed to emit foul-smelling conditioned air. The equipment will only emit strange odors, like rotten eggs or a burning smell, if there’s something wrong with it.
When your air conditioner smells bad, there could be a few potential problems, such as:
- Dirty air filter – Your air filter traps contaminants in the air. If you haven’t had it cleaned or changed, the smell from whatever it traps will linger longer.
- Refrigerant leak – If your unit is leaking refrigerant, it will likely emit a “sweet” or “chemical” smell. This is because most refrigerants contain chemicals that give off a sweet smell.
- Mold or mildew – If your air conditioner is producing musty or moldy smells, it could be because mold or mildew is growing inside the unit. This is usually caused by excessive moisture and can be a health hazard.
- Electrical problems – Electrical problems can also cause your air conditioner to emit a burning smell. If you notice a burning smell coming from your AC unit, it’s important to turn it off right away and call an expert in electricity or AC repair in Diana, TX for help.
- Animals stuck in the ducts – Animals or pests can find their way inside the ducts if the ductwork has holes or cracks. They may leave behind excrement or even a carcass, which can cause a bad smell.
Generally, it’s best to call a professional AC repair technician once you notice that the conditioned air doesn’t smell fresh like before. A certified technician will be able to diagnose the problem and make the necessary repairs.
Your air conditioning unit produces around 20 gallons of water when it runs. So if you find puddles of water near or underneath your cooling system, then you may have a water leak. Water leak happens when your air conditioner’s drain pipe is clogged, or the drain pan is damaged. This can cause water to back up and overflow, leading to a mess and potentially expensive repairs.
If you suspect you have a water leak, shut off your air conditioner immediately and call a licensed AC repair company in Diana, TX to come to take a look. Do not just ignore the problem, as this can cause even more damage to your system and home.
AC Not Turning On
If your air conditioner doesn’t turn on, there could be a few potential causes. First, check to see if the thermostat is set to “cool” and that the temperature is set lower than the current room temperature. If so, then the problem may be with the AC unit itself.
Some common reasons why your AC unit may not turn on include:
- Tripped circuit breaker – The circuit breaker may have been tripped, cutting off power to the AC unit. Check your home’s breaker box and reset any switches that are in the “off” position.
- Frozen coils – The coils inside the AC unit may be frozen, preventing it from turning on. This is usually caused by a lack of maintenance, such as not changing the air filter regularly.
- Low refrigerant – If the AC unit is low on refrigerant, it won’t be able to cool the air properly. This can happen if there’s a leak in the system.
There are many other issues that an air conditioner can encounter. So it’s best to pay attention to your cooling equipment not only when it stops running but also when it seems to be running normally and immediately schedule an AC repair in Diana, TX when you notice something odd. It’s better to nip the problem in the bud than deal with the issue when it’s gone too severe.
How to Hire an AC Repair Company
When you notice something wrong with your air conditioner, call an AC repair company immediately. Note that not all HVAC companies are created the same. Here are a few tips to help you find and choose the best one in your area.
Check their website and look for vital information.
Most HVAC companies offering AC repair in Diana, TX have their website where they display important information, like a bit about them, when the business started, the certifications & licenses they have, affiliation to organizations, a list of services, and even testimonials. Find all these pieces of information because these are indications of a good AC repair company.
Ask your friends, family, or colleagues if they know of a good HVAC company. Someone you know has likely had to call an AC repair company before, so they may have some recommendations for you.
These days, it’s common for customers to leave reviews on their contractor’s website and review websites like Yelp and Google. Be sure to check out what others have said about an HVAC company and their AC repair in Diana, TX before you make your decision.
Get several estimates.
When you’ve narrowed down your options, it’s time to get some estimates. The company should come to your home and take a look at your AC unit to determine the problem and give you an estimate.
Get written estimates.
If you think you’ve already found the right HVAC contractor, ask for a written service before the company starts working on your equipment. This is to prevent any misunderstanding and additional costs.
How Much Does AC Repair Cost?
The cost of AC repair in Diana, TX will vary depending on several factors, including the type of unit you have, the severity of the problem, and the technician’s experience. In general, you can expect to pay anywhere from $50 to $200 for a basic repair. However, if the problem is more complex, you may end up paying more or less $1,000. If you have a unit that is still under warranty, the cost of repair may be covered by the manufacturer.
It is best to contact a licensed air conditioning contractor in your area to get an estimate of how much your repair will cost. They will be able to assess the problem and give you a more accurate estimate.
Call Napps Cooling, Heating & Plumbing For Reliable AC Repair
If you need AC repair Diana, TX, our licensed technicians will be more than glad to help you. Our technicians are highly-trained and have been fixing air conditioners for many years. They repair all makes and models of cooling systems.
Our team can also tell you whether it’s time to replace your unit, so you don’t have to pay more for repairs. They can also install a brand new air conditioner in case your AC is beyond repair. So whether you’re in dire need of an AC repair or a brand new installation, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
We have an online form you can fill out to request an estimate or an AC repair service in Diana, TX or the nearby areas or you can simply talk to our experts. Call our team at 903-758-6482.