Regular A/C maintenance is key to keeping your system running properly for years to come. But what does that maintenance entail? This comprehensive guide will walk you through everything you need to do to keep your A/C in tip-top shape.
While we recommend hiring the best air conditioning contractor in Longview, TX for your A/C maintenance, you can do a few simple maintenance tasks in-between visits to make sure your A/C remains in its good working condition.
1. Keep It Clean
When it comes to your air conditioning, one of the most important things you can do is keep it clean. Cleaning the system may seem like a no-brainer, but you would be surprised at how many people neglect this simple task.
While A/C contractors in Longview, TX will take care of cleaning the system if you sign up for our maintenance programs, there are still some things you can do, like cleaning the air filter and getting rid of debris around your outdoor unit.
One of the biggest reasons you should keep your air conditioner clean is that it can help improve its efficiency. A dirty air conditioner has to work harder to cool down your home, which uses more energy and costs you more money on your utility bills. In addition, a dirty A/C can also put extra strain on the components, which can lead to premature failure.
Another reason you should keep your A/C clean is that it can help improve your indoor air quality. A dirty A/C can circulate dust and other allergens throughout your home, which can cause respiratory problems for people with allergies or asthma. By keeping your A/C clean, you can help reduce the amount of allergens in the air and improve your indoor air quality.
Finally, keeping your A/C clean is an excellent way to maintain it properly. If you neglect to clean your A/C regularly, dirt and debris will likely accumulate, causing system damage or reducing efficiency. By cleaning your A/C regularly, you can help ensure that it runs smoothly and efficiently for years to come.
As you can see, there are several good reasons why you should keep your air conditioner clean. If you neglect this important task, it can cost you money in the long run. So make sure to keep your A/C clean and enjoy cool, comfortable air all summer long!
2) Do Not Overwork The Equipment
Your air conditioning unit is a machine, and it’s bound to break if you use it constantly for a long time. But your air conditioner will inevitably have to work harder and longer during the hot summer months. You can help prevent this by giving it some TLC.
But you can do a few things to help avoid overworking your A/C and keep your energy bills down.
- Make sure your A/C unit is the correct size for the square footage of your home. An A/C unit that is too small will have to work harder to cool your home, while an A/C unit that is too large will cool your home too quickly and not remove enough humidity, making it feel clammy inside. So right from the installation, it’s best to leave the job to A/C contractors in Longview, TX.
- Keep blinds and curtains closed to block out the sun’s heat during the day.
- Install awnings over windows that get direct sun exposure.
- Turn off electronics and appliances when not in use. They generate heat that can make your A/C work harder.
- Run the dishwasher and washing machine only when you have a full load.
- If possible, avoid using your oven during the summer months. Try cooking on the grill or using a slow cooker instead.
Stay cool! Drink plenty of fluids, take cool showers, and wear light clothing.
3) Pay a Close Attention to Your Unit
Chances are, you won’t think much about your air conditioning system after you turn it on. But with this, you may miss signs that your cooling equipment already needs immediate attention. So pay close attention to your cooling system, and look for signs of problems, so you also know when to hire A/C contractors in Longview, TX for corrective maintenance.
- The air coming from your vents isn’t as cold as it used to be. This could be a sign that your A/C unit is low on refrigerant.
- Your A/C unit is making strange noises. If you hear grinding, screeching, or hissing noises coming from your A/C unit, it could be a sign of a serious problem.
- The air coming out of the vents smells terrible. If your A/C unit produces musty or foul-smelling air, it could be a sign of mold or mildew growth inside the unit.
- Your energy bills are higher than usual. If your A/C unit is working harder than usual to cool your home, it will use more energy, showing up on your energy bill.
- Your A/C unit is leaking water. If you see water leaks coming from your A/C unit, it could signify a refrigerant leak or a problem with the condensate drain line.
If you notice any of these signs or feel like something is amiss, it’s essential to call an experienced A/C contractor in Longview, TX for help. Trying to fix the problem yourself could make things worse and potentially put you in danger.
4) Do Not Procrastinate On Repair
There are many reasons why you should not procrastinate on repair projects. One of the most important is that if you wait too long, the problem may worsen and require more expensive repairs. Additionally, procrastination can lead to frustration, anxiety, and lost time and money.
It’s also important to remember that many repairs can be done relatively quickly and cheaply if promptly attended to. By contrast, the repair may become more complicated and expensive if you wait too long. Finally, when you procrastinate on repairs, you’re not only putting yourself at risk but also your family and home. So don’t delay – contact A/C contractors in Longview, TX for your repair today.
5) Do Not Skip On Professional A/C Maintenance
Summer is a sweltering season. You may be tempted to forgo professional air conditioning maintenance to save some money. Some homeowners probably think that their air conditioning unit doesn’t need to be tuned up because it’s still working fine. However, this could be a costly assumption.
Skipping regular maintenance might lead to system failure when you need it most and cause serious damage to your unit.
It’s always best to stick with a routine maintenance schedule, even if it means spending a little bit of money upfront. You’ll help ensure that your air conditioner runs all summer smoothly, keeps your home cool and comfortable, and prevents more costly repairs in the future.
How Often Should You Have Your Air Conditioner Serviced?
Most air conditioner manufacturers and A/C contractors in Longview, TX recommend having your unit serviced at least once a year, preferably in the spring. This helps to ensure that your unit is running efficiently and correctly, and can help prevent any expensive repairs or replacements that may be needed down the line. If you live in an area with particularly hot summers or cold winters, you may need to have your unit serviced more frequently.
Also, if you have a heat pump, an HVA/C system that can cool and heat your home, then you may have to schedule heating maintenance at least twice a year, as the unit is likely working all year round.
Looking for The Best Air Conditioning Contractor in Longview, TX? Contact Napps Cooling Heating & Plumbing Today!
To make sure that you can get the best value for your money and enjoy the benefits of professional air conditioning maintenance, make sure to choose a reliable air conditioning contractor in your area. Take note that A/C contractors in Longview, TX aren’t the same.
If you’re searching for a reliable and affordable air conditioning contractor in Longview, TX, look no further than Napps Cooling Heating & Plumbing. We have been providing quality air conditioning, heating and plumbing services to the residents of Longview, TX for many years, and we’re confident that we can provide you with the same high level of quality service.
Napps Cooling Heating & Plumbing offers a wide range of air conditioning services, including air conditioner repair, installation, and maintenance. We also offer a variety of other HVA/C services, such as heating and cooling system repair and installation, ductwork cleaning and repair, and much more. No matter your specific needs, we’re confident that we can help you find the perfect solution. We’re an A/C contractor in Longview, TX you can trust.
If you’re interested in scheduling a consultation with our team, or if you have any questions about our services, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 903-758-6482. We’re always happy to help!